Recipe: Chewy Mini Muffin Cookies

2 comments
You know when they say being unemployed (while looking for a new job of course) is a chance to do stuff you love to do? It's true for my case. Naps, preparing stuff for my husband, doing laundry, and baking are my thing...or things.

We got me a new muffin pan a few weeks ago and of course, I've been looking for a recipe I can make with it. This one had me at "chewy." Silly me forgot to take pictures of the prep but don't worry, I snapped numerous pics of the final product. 

Mine came out looking fluffier and more muffin-looking than the pictures on Food.com. I'm pretty sure it's because I put too much batter in the muffin cups. I doubled the recipe and was supposed to have 22 pieces but  only ended up with 18. This was no surprise to me since I make that mistake even with regular muffins. ;)
Getting the muffins out wasn't a huge task for me. Love this tin that I got for $5.97 at Walmart.

Ingredients:
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter + extra to brush on tin
  • 9 tablespoons sugar
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 10 tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix in a bowl butter, sugar, vanilla and water until blended.
  3. Stir in flour and salt until well blended.
  4. Stir in cinnamon, or any other flavorings, maybe some M&M's, chocolate chips, almond extract, nuts etc. I used around 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 of white choclate chips.
  5. Brush mini muffin tin with butter, drop batter into molds.
  6. Bake in oven for 16 minutes, this is what I did and I got a crunchy crust with chewy but a little fluffy centers.
  7. Set on wire rack and carefully take mini muffins out using a butter knife or spoon and transfer to serving plate.
  8. This made 18 out of the 24 mini muffin molds for me!
To view the original recipe, CLICK HERE.


2 comments:

  1. I love everything miniature size! My mini muffin tray is my fave too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I love chewy soft cookies. I need to go to my local walmart and buy one of those pans so that I can make these cookies. I am saving this recipe right now.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete