Just a few weeks ago, Ron's dad got us a tub of (extra fancy) unsalted cashews from Costco and after seeing the super old and sad bananas in the fridge that I have been saving for a day when I would feel like baking, I felt responsible about not letting the bananas go to waste. So here I am now.
Drenching the cashews with the batter was my favorite part. Just look at this beautiful confusion-filled chaos.
My search for the recipe was not at all far and wide, it was one of the first recipes on Google. I was a little surprised but maybe it's because people usually use walnuts in their banana bread? This recipe is fairly easy and delicious. Ron wanted it to be just a tad bit sweeter but I think it's a perfect match to a sweet cup of coffee or tea with sweet creamer. :) Keep scrolling, I promise you, you're almost at the recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (I used 3)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by buttering and flouting it.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat followed by the vanilla and mashed bananas. Gradually mix in the dry mixture, Be careful not to overmix -- stop mixing when ingredients appear to be well-incorporated.
- Fold in chopped cashews.
- Pour batter into the pan. Bake for one hour or until tests clean with a toothpick.