Super Easy Chocolate Cupcakes

Leave a Comment

There has not been a new recipe in my recipe tab for a while now and that is because I really have become lazy when it comes to doing kitchen work. I blame this on my evening classes and the need to get homework done. Hopefully, I don't go as crazy this coming semester. I made these cupcakes before almost going giftless to our friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago, I decided to stay at home, skip the mall and opt for a more personal gift that I know only I would [probably] make...cupcakes! <3




Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup brewed coffee
  • 1 Tbsp white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 6 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack in the middle position. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt and whisk together until all ingredients are well-distributed. 
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coffee, vinegar, vanilla extract, and olive oil.
  4. Make a crate in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients. Stir only until they just come together. The mixture should be thin and rather lumpy. Do NOT over mix (here's why).
  5. Using an ice cream scoop, a ladle or a measuring cup, pour the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about two-thirds of the way full. Place in oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool on a rack. When the cupcakes are cool enough, sprinkle with powdered sugar...or eat plain. 

Source: SimplyRecipes.com

Linking Up With:
Th: Home of Malones
F: The Country Cook | Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons | Love Bakes Good Cakes | Some What Simples 
Sa: Made from Pinterest
M: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms | A Pinch of Joy | Skip to My Lou | Flour Me with Love | I Should be Mopping the Floor 
Tu: Nap Time Creations 

0 comments:

Post a Comment