Recipe: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

2 comments
It's THE day to actually prepare for the camping trip so I'll leave you guys with the last new recipe I baked. I made one of the things in my to-bake list last week after I realized that we're running out of things to eat for breakfast. The same day, I made doggy ice cream - but that's another story to tell in another blog post. :)



So I started with mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl and in another bowl, the wet ingredients. Then I made a crate in the dry bowl where I can pour in the wet mixture. See?

I mixed and mixed until it was moist then folded the chocolate chips in. Spooned the batter into the prepared muffin cups, and voila!

I checked the muffins 15 minutes later to see if my toothpick would come out clean but it didn't so I waited another 3 minutes. Took the muffins out of the oven and let them rest on the cooling rack for five more minutes before I took them out of the tin.

And after that, you can enjoy all you want or in moderation, whatever suits you! ;)

Personally, I think these muffins are too heavy. I would still make them though, with less chocolate chips in them. When you eat these muffins without a fork, make sure to check your teeth for any chocolate residue though LOL I had to grab my phone to check my teeth after I ate this. I also think it's a little on the dry side so I'd set the oven temp lower next time. Maybe at 375 or even 350.

Ron said he likes them and he'd love to eat it for breakfast. I asked him if it was worth sharing and he said yes. You should be aware though that Ron gets to taste everything FRESH out of the oven. #lucky #BeEnvious

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans, chopped 

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Grease twelve muffin cups.
  3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
  4. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
  5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
  6. Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
  7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
  8. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  9. Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
  10. Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
  11. Cool for 5 minutes.
  12. Remove from tins to finish cooling.
  13. Serve warm or completely cool.
  14. These muffins freeze well.

Thanks Food.com for this recipe!

2 comments: