My First Ever Pie!

1 comment
No, not quiche. It's actually more of custard pie but in the Philippines, we call is egg pie probably because it's mainly made of eggs. So, for my first homemade pie ever, I made custard pie or as I would half of the time call it, egg pie. I did not think pie recipes were this easy and simple. I originally planned on making the recipe on Saturday night but after making the crust, I realized I did not have milk for the filling and it was already 9pm. Hell to the no, I'm not driving out to the store anymore! So I had to wait for Sunday.

On Sunday morning, the day the Phillip Lim collection was released, we drove to Target in the morning (an hour later than planned) and found nothing I wanted from the collection so we just went straight to get the milk I needed for the recipe.

When we got home, it was show time! I rolled the crust out and with Ron's help, laid it on the pan, made the filling and popped it in the oven. 
 
In case you were wondering, I'm not sharing the recipe for this one because my sister made some changes to the original recipe and I don't think she'd want me to share them. I won't leave you with nothing though, here's a recipe similar to the one I used!

1 comment: