Recipe: Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 comments
I think I found the one, you guys. That one cookie recipe that I will make over and over and over for Ron and anyone who comes to our house. Ron asked to take four of these huge cookies to eat for breakfast - they are THAT good. 

First, I put the dry ingredients together, no sifting was necessary for this recipe. Just make sure you mix it with a whisk so the ingredients are distributed evenly.

Obviously, mixing the wet ingredients is next. Make sure to used melted butter. MELTED.

Pour the bag of chocolate chips. Don't bother measuring if you 're using the $2.50 dollar Nestle Toll House semi sweet chocolate morsels. ;) Just pour and fold in everything that came out of the bag.

Put it in the fridge overnight. Not kidding here. I was very patient with this recipe. I say that because you'll be needing more patience later on. ;) If I were you, I would make the dough tonight. Heehee!

When the dough is hard enough, it's time to scoop them up. I used my 1/4 measuring cup and a spatula for this and was able to make 14 cookies.

Pop it in a pre-heated oven at 325 degrees and bake it for 16 minutes. After taking it out, leave it on the pan or sheet for an additional 2-3 minutes then transfer it to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Based on my experience, these cookies are best after a few hours of letting them cool so (like I said)be super patient! I found that making these in the morning will help you forget about them as you're spending the rest of the day doing chores.

Have I mentioned how big these cookies are? The only problem I encountered was that I cannot just have one!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Thanks to the trusty AllRecipes.com for this recipe!

PS
You know who else will love these cookies? Santa!!!

3 comments: