Four Months

5 comments
Today marks the fourth month of my being unemployed. No, I'm not proud of it but I just want to throw out there that finding a job is tough. If someone tells you that the job market is a tough market, you have to believe them. Looking for a job is a bitch. I have two months left in my unemployment benefits and I better have a job before that ends.

via Tumblr

The current problem happening in the political world about settling on the Extension of Unemployment Insurance is also making me feel uneasy. We have travel plans this year so they really need to get the deal signed and sealed.

via Tumblr

I'm not saying that I'm not enjoying the free time but when it gets to the point where a person has not worked in an office after six years of working behind a desk, it gets weird. My office is now our home, making sure everything is the way we like it. Also...

via Tumblr

So sorry for throwing up news like this on a Friday. I hope you all employed people are not having a tough day because Friday always means you deserve some rest. Meanwhile, for the rest of us unemployed people, it means we'll finally be able to spend a whole day with our employed loved ones. Right? Right.

5 comments:

  1. awww girl, i do hope you find a job soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or pull the asian card and be a nurse? hahahahahha jk #truestory monster.com, indeed.com, craigslist... go all over it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh same here! I get how you feel~ I hope we will both something soon but also a job that you will love! Love your blog too :) I'm a new follower

    Elly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, tell me about it. When I was struggling in a job a couple of years ago all people could say was "well why don't you just go get a different job?" Hello, people--it's not that simple! Luckily now I'm in a job I love, but it's still frustrating to hear people say something so dumb. I sure hope you'll find a job soon, even if it does mean a return to boob jail. :P Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! those pictures made me laugh!
    amberblogposts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, you'll find a job soon! Even as a PT worker, I can confirm that job searching is getting tougher and tougher!

    ReplyDelete