|Oh how I've missed these mixing bowls!|
|Mine was done in exactly 45 minutes and it came our PERFECTLY golden brown!|
|I always use a plastic knife to make sure that my cut comes out clean and I don't scrape my non-stick pan! #bakingtip|
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, very ripe and mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until fluffy.
- While waiting for the cream and butter to fluff up, wipe the paper wrapper of the butter onto the baking pan.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the bananas and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating at low speed just until well incorporated. Don't over-beat!
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and walnuts by hand; spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into however many bars you like.