I began researching for recipes and found this gem on AllRecipes.com. So here goes...
Before anything else, put water in your kettle and start the water boiling process and preheat the oven. Next is mix the dry ingredients until all the ingredients are well distributed, then mix in all the wet ingredients EXCEPT for the water.
I did not put a lot of water in my kettle so when I was done mixing the ingredients, the kettle started to whistle. Talk about perfect timing. ;) Pour the water in the batter and mix on low for 1 minute.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven at 350 degress, start boiling the water and prepare the 9x13 pan.
- Put all the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix until eveything is evenly distributed.
- Mix in the eggs, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract and keep mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the boiling water into the mixture and mix on low for a minute.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared 9x13 cake pan and bake for 35 minuntes or when the toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and let it sit in the pan for another 10 minutes, then transfer it onto the cooling rack.
And there you have it, a super easy chocolate cake recipe!